Rodolfo Mesa Chávez
Born in Santo Domingo. He graduated from Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM) as Bachelor of Law in 1995. In 1999 he receives a Master in Business and Economics Legislation from Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM). He completed his International Business Law Postgraduate Degree at Universidad APEC in 2000. In 2002 he receives a Civil Procedure Postgraduate Degree from Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM).
In 2005 he receives the diploma on International Arbitration issued by the International Business Chamber (CCI), which is located in Paris, France. In 2010 he obtained a diploma in Business at Universidad de Toronto.
He is an Official Judicial Translator.
He has a wide experience in corporate law, aviation, maritime law, and commercial litigations. As a trial lawyer, he also has a large experience in financial and banking guarantees enforcing.
It worthy to note his professional practice in business counseling, particularly in air transport, insurance, real estate law, intellectual property, litigation, arbitration, business law, merge and acquisition and banking.
The cases in which has been providing services include:
- The legal representation of a reinsurance company group based in London, in the transaction for compensating an air crash victims with 3 casualties. This transaction was valued in US$30,000,000.00
- Representation of more than 400 American and Canadian investors in a joint legal action against several Dominican and foreign companies in a claim concerning tourism real estate investments. Those legal actions had transnational nature since they were developing in a coordinate way by the United States, Canada, and Bahamas law firms.
- He has represented the main national airline in a claim against a pilots union. This was a transaction for US$2,000,000.00
- Representation of one of the largest telecommunication companies of Belgium to obtain a license to operate in the Dominican Republic.
- Advising and representing one of the most important American bank operations to guarantee a loan to several companies and people residents in the Dominican Republic. This transaction was for US$12,000,000.00
- Representation of one of the largest reinsurance global companies in an international dispute concerning a stolen aircraft. This transaction was in the amount of US$6,000,000.00
- The counseling and legal support to the European reinsurers group concerning the claims filed by an international building company related to several accidents in a hydroelectric dam construction site. The amount involved is US$30,000.00
Rodolfo Mesa is a Spanish-English fluent speaker.
- International Bar Association member – IBA – he actively participates in insurance, litigation, aviation and real estate committees.
- Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property member (ASIPI).
- Member of Internet Committee of the International Trademark Association (INTA).
- A columnist in a main Dominican law specialized magazine.
- Chambers and Partners ranked as a leading corporate/ Commercial lawyer in Dominican Republic.
- Who’s Who Legal has ranked Rodolfo Mesa as a legal expert in aviation legal matters in its edition 2016.
- Contributing editor with the International leading publication Getting The Deal Through for Air Transport, Chapter Dominican Republic.
- The prestigious international publication Doing Business, published by World Bank selected our partner to be one of the contributors for the subjects credit, bank and securities.